Table of Contents
3. Join a video meeting.
From Gmail: Click the meeting link in a text or email.
4. Collaborate during a video meeting.
3. Enter your school email address and click “Sign Up”.
4. You'll receive an email from Zoom to activate. Go to your email and click Activate Account.
5. You'll be redirected to fill in your first name, last name, and create a password.
6. Select “Skip this step”.
2. How to Download the Zoom Client
Start by going to https://zoom.us/download.
Click the blue “Download” button under Zoom Client for Meetings to access the installer.
Open the Zoom installer from your Downloads folder and follow the on-screen steps to set up your Zoom Client.
3. How to Schedule a Meeting
Option 1: Scheduling through the desktop app
Open the Zoom desktop app.
Click on the Home button at the top left.
Press the Schedule button.
4. Enter in Topic, Date, and other related details and press Schedule. It is recommended that you make Registration required when scheduling a meeting, as that allows you to generate a registration report after the meeting is over. More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216378603
Option 2: Scheduling online
Go to https://zoom.us/meeting (You may be prompted to sign in but will be redirected to the page after)
Click the blue “Schedule a New Meeting” button in the top left corner
Enter in Topic, Date, and other related details and press Schedule. It is recommended that you make Registration required when scheduling a meeting, as that allows you to generate a registration report after the meeting is over. More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216378603
4. How to join a Class/Meeting
To Join a Zoom Meeting, simply click on the link sent over to you via email or click on the Meetings tab to join a scheduled meeting and you'll automatically be brought into the meeting. More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-Scheduling-meetings
Once you’re in the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in three different ways:
Using computer audio (recommended).
Dialing into a conference bridge from your phone.
Have Zoom call you by entering your phone number and your meeting will call your phone.
5. Best Practices while in a Zoom Class/Meeting
Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed in.
Check your internet speed. If you're on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
Turn your camera on and have you camera at eye level.
Stay muted unless you're talking to reduce background noise.
Make sure you sit in a well lit and quiet place.
Be mindful of what's going on behind you. Think about having solid wall behind you or turning on the virtual background.
Be yourself and have fun!