Google Apps: Drawings
What is Google Drawings?
You can easily create, share, and edit drawings online with Google Drawings. Whether you want to create a chart, diagram or labeled image Google Drawings can help.
Create a Google drawing to use in other documents.
To create a Google drawing to use in other programs, you must first access Google Drive by clicking on the tile icon and choosing Google Drive. Once in Google Drive:
- Choose New > More > Google Drawings
- Give your new Google Drawing a unique name by clicking on Untitled Drawing.
- Create your Drawing by adding lines, shapes, text, images and more. Your drawing is automatically saved as you create it.
- Download your Drawing as an .PNG image file with a transparent background by choosing File > Download As > PNG image (.png)
- Insert your new image file in whichever document you choose.
Search for your Google Drawings in Google Drive
You can search for a specific file you've created by typing keywords into the search bar at the top of the Google Drive app and hitting enter.
Google Drive will search the title of all your files, including Google Drawings, for matching results.
Create a Google Drawing inside of Google Docs or Google Sheets
When inside of a Google Doc or Google Sheet:
- On the main menu choose Insert > Google Drawing.
- Use the menu bar to upload an image or add text, lines, or shapes to create your drawing.
- Once you have completed your "drawing," click Save and Close in the upper-right hand corner.
- Your new Google Drawing has been added to your document.