Google Apps: Forms
Create a Google Form
- Navigate to forms.google.com
- Click the + icon to create a new form.
- A new Google Form appears in your browser—now you're ready to create.
Add a question
- Click the Add Question icon.
- Use the Question Type drop-down to select the type of question you would like to add
- Type in the question text.
- For question types that require people to make a selection, provide various options.
Google Forms provides several different types of questions for users to gather both Qualitative and Quantitative data.
Collect form responses in a Google Sheet
Google Forms lets you easily collect your survey data into a Google Sheet.
- To get started, open the form you want to collect data on and Click the Responses tab at the top of the form.
- To create a new Google Sheet to store your form's responses, click on the Google Sheet icon next to the three-dot context menu..
- To collect your data to an existing Google Sheet, Click on the three-dot context menu.
- The context menu contains several options for collecting your data. Choose select destination to choose an existing google sheet choose "select response destination" and then choose "select existing spreadsheet".
The three-dot context menu provides options for printing your form responses, downloading your responses into a .csv file, as well as options for receiving email notifications when your form recievees a new response.
Designing your Google Form
Google Forms provides options for customizing the look and feel of your form.
- Click on the Customize Theme icon in the upper-right hand menu of hte form.
- A sidebar will appear with options for choosing a header image, theme color, background color, and font style.
- Google provides several pre-designed images for your header as well as the ability to upload your own.
Create a branching question to gather more information on specific responses
Google Forms allows users to gather additional information from users who answer a multiple choice question a specific way. To add additional questions to your form based on the participant's responses you have to add an additional section to your form.
- First, create an additional section in your form and populate it with additional questions.
- Navigate to the multiple choice question that you want collect additional information on.
- Click on the context menu in the lower-right hand corner of your question type and choose "Go to section based on answer".
- Notice that new drop-down options appear next to your multiple choice questions that allow you to submit the form, navigate to a new section, or jump to a new section.
- Choose how you want each answer to behave.
- Preview your form by choosing the Preview icon.