Set up your YouTube account
To set up simply visit https://www.youtube.com, click Sign in in the top-right corner, and enter your LAPU Email Account login information (as if you were logging into your email). That’s it.
Upload a video to YouTube® and share a link to it in a discussion post
- Click Upload
- Select file for Upload - Locate and select video file on your computer
- Enter video upload details, such as title, description, tags (optional)
- Set Privacy Settings to Unlisted
- Category: Education
- Highlight and copy the link displayed next to the video filename at the top of the window (see screen shot below).
- Navigate to your discussion forum, click on the link to reply or post a new discussion topic.
- Paste the link into the message section of your discussion post.
- Insert any additional text required in the Message window and click the "Post to forum button.”
Set your video privacy to unlisted so other can view it
An unlisted video is a type of private video that only people who know the link to the video can view it. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video in two ways, you don’t need a YouTube account to view and there is not a 50 person sharing limit. To change your video privacy options in YouTube, follow the instructions linked below.
More help for YouTube videos
YouTube video specifications and file formats
YouTube will allow you to upload your videos recorded in a variety of formats. Check out YouTube's Video Specifications and File Format page for an updated list.
Share a link to your YouTube video
Please review YouTube's support article on Sharing a Video or Channel
Upload videos more than 15 minutes in length
Please review YouTube's support article on Uploading videos more than 15 minutes in length