Online Tutoring & Writing Support
Studying that fits your schedule
24/7 online tutoring for Los Angeles Pacific University undergraduate and graduate students!
Los Angeles Pacific University offers FREE on-demand, online tutoring through Tutor.com.
Stuck on a problem? Preparing for an exam? Want someone to review your paper? This service is easy to use and can be accessed on any device that connects to the Internet. Tutors are available to you 24/7—even at 2:00 a.m.!
You can access your free Tutor.com account through My Courses (Sign in using your LAPU Courses credentials) and you'll be able to:
- Connect one-on-one with one of our 3,000+ highly qualified tutors
- Save your favorite tutors and see their schedule of availability
- View recordings or print any of your previous sessions
- Take practice quizzes
- Drop off an essay for a 12-hour review with feedback
- Get live writing help with any stage of the writing process
Frequently Asked Questions
What tutoring subjects are available?
Tutors are available to help you across a comprehensive range of subjects, such as:
- Various levels of math
- English & writing
- Social & behavioral sciences
- Using technology
- Stress management
- Motivation and goals
- Time management
- Study strategies
- Finding scholarly resources
- Interview prep
- Job search and application help
- Resume help
How does it work?
- Select your topic, subject, and fill out the question or concept for which you are requesting help.
- Please have your question ready for your tutor before you connect. Enter your question, any important notes, and attach any pertinent files in the pre-session questionnaire; this will save you time while you are in your tutoring session!
- You can chat with your tutor in the online classroom by typing in your questions/ comments.
- You can also check the voice chat box if you wish to directly speak with your tutor.
- After your session with a tutor is completed, you will complete a brief survey to provide your feedback.
- You can email the session transcript to yourself, you can go back and review it any time, or even save your tutor as a “favorite.”
Resources & Tutorials
How do I access Tutor.com?
- Accessing Tutor.com in My Courses (tutorial coming soon)
- All LAPU students are granted 240 tutoring minutes at the beginning of each semester.
- Need more minutes? When you have used the majority of your minutes, and have 30 minutes or less remaining, you may request additional minutes here.