Google Apps: Drive
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is an online storage and file system which lets you create folders and organize your Google documents, slides, sheets, drawings, and personal files. With your LAPU Google Drive Account you have an unlimited amount of storage space to store all of your Los Angeles Pacific University assignments.
Upload a Microsoft Office document or large file to Google Drive to share with others
Sometimes file-size limitations prevent you from uploading a file in an assignment. Because you have unlimited storage with Google Drive you can upload a large file to Google drive and share a link to it with others.
To upload a file:
- Navigate to https://drive.google.com/
- Click New > File Upload
- Select the file you want to upload from your computer.
- Google will display an upload indicator which will inform you when your file upload is complete.
To share a link to an uploaded file:
- Either click Share in the Uploads Complete indicator after uploading OR if you want to share a previously uploaded file, right-click on the file in Google Drive and choose Share.
- Click Get shareable link in the upper-right hand corner of the pop-up.
- Click on... "Anyone at Los Angeles Pacific University with the link can view"
- Choose More
- Choose "On - Anyone with the link"
- Choose "Save"
- Choose Copy link to copy the link to your presentation to your computer's clipboard so you can paste it (Ctrl+V) into your discussion or assignment for sharing.
Create folders and organize your files online with Google Drive
To create a folder within the Google Drive app,
- Choose New > Folder
- Name your folder and click Create
- You can drag and drop documents and files right from the Google Drive app into the newly created folder(s).
Search for your Google Apps files in Google Drive
You can search for a specific file you've created by typing keywords into the search bar at the top of the Google Drive app and hitting enter.
Google Drive will search the titles and content of all of your files for matching results.
Create a new Doc, Sheet or Slide Presentation from Google Drive
When in the Google Drive application:
- Click New
- Select the type of file you are wanting to create.