Effective written communication is essential for success, not only in college, but also in the workplace. During your time at Los Angeles Pacific University you will develop and improve your writing skills and abilities.
Students enter college with a wide range of writing abilities. We have resources and support for all ability levels and have support resources for all stages of writing. From our Writing Consultants to our writing tutorials and handouts, we have what you need to success. Please take a moment to review each of these resources.
The APU Writing Center
- Visit the APU Writing Center (opens in a new window)
- Schedule an Online or In-Person Consultation (opens in a new window)
- How to make and participate in an online appointment [06:12] YouTube Tutorial
- How to register for My WC online [02:54] Youtube.com
- How to Change or cancel your appointment [03:13] Youtube.com
- Visit the Azusa Pacific Writing Center YouTube channel for digital workshops and helpful writing videos!
- Access a variety of Writing Handouts (opens in a new window)
Writing Center Tutorials
In many of your courses, you will write papers that require citing scholarly sources using formatting rules and guidelines known as "APA" style formatting. Review the resources below to learn more about APA and the resources available to support you in writing your papers. Los Angeles Pacific University adheres to the most current Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- What is APA? (opens in new window)
- Download the APA Documentation Packet
- Download a Sample APA Paper
- Learn how to find scholarly resources
- Download a .pdf version of the Introduction to APA Style Presentation (PDF).
- Download a transcript of the Introduction to APA Style Presentation - Transcript (PDF).
- When viewing on a tablet device, swipe from left-to-right or right-to-left to navigate through presentation.